Translate

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Room 35 Updates

Hello Families,

I hope everyone is enjoying their week. I just wanted to share a few updates/reminders as we head through this week:

  • Word Study tests will be this Friday. Make sure your child is studying the spelling of their words AND how to sort them.
  • Camp Highroads permission slip and money is due this Friday. If it has not be received, then your child cannot attend our field trip.
  • We have started out social studies unit on 5 Themes of Geography. This is an introductory unit to what we will be learning this year so there won't be a test. When we are done with the unit, students will work on a project using what they have learned to create a treasure map. In class we use textbooks to teach with and these textbooks are huge, so I don't want them to have to take them home. I have linked in our Google Classroom the website where students can access an online textbook. Please have your child go on and link their Google Account to the textbook website. This will make it easier to access the resources that they need to studying for future units. If they have trouble doing this, make sure they come and talk to me in the morning. 
  • This year students will be offered a retake on summative assessments where they score below proficiency (2 or lower). If your child is eligible for a retake, I will send home a form with information about the retake. The form will include what they can do to prepare for the retake and when the retake test will be. I will also attach a practice worksheet to help with review. The form will need to be signed and returned to me in order for them to complete the retake (I want to make sure I have your permission before they are retested). The highest score your child gets will be their grade on that standard. Please note that they cannot score higher than a 3 on a retake. 
  • In math we are reviewing Word Problems. This is a unit that students should be familiar with. We started yesterday and will test Friday. Please make sure that your child completes their homework! After Word Problems we will work on Rounding Decimals.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions. I hope everyone has a nice week!


No comments:

Post a Comment